As part of our training program, free Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) updates seminars are conducted by our auditors. It has been ages since I last attend such a session. Moreover, keeping abreast with the changes in the accounting world is part of the professional requirement of ICPAS. Hence, I signed up for the course immediately.
The Partner started off by sharing about the latest business consolidation standards, ie adding the financials of 2 related companies together. Given that I was already very confused during uni days about consolidation of accounts. As he quoted the numbers to illustrate, I was certainly lost after a while.
Everything went downhill from then on. The information came in waves that merely overloaded my mind. My brain had not worked as hard since I last sat for the qualifying exams for non-practising accountant. Being rusty from use, it was never at its tip-top position to fully absorb and assimilate the information passed on. My mind started to drift after a while.
Looks like it will be very hard for me to pick up the books and go back to school. I have never known that it is this hard to be a student. :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment