September 25, 2008

Playing with Video Calls

My colleague and I were suddenly piqued with curiosity about 3G phones. Despite having a 3G phone for years and under a 3G plan, we have never used it beyond a 2G means, ie just normal voice calls and texting.

Since we are working in a telco, we should be more familiar with the services that we are offering, so we attempt to do a video call. Wow, we got really excited when we saw images of the party we were talking to and our own face in the screen of the phone.

We thought 3G phone calls would be a solution for friends and families who were separated geographically, ie when we were posted overseas or were travelling overseas. My colleague even suggested that she could call me using video calls when she got lost driving in Ang Mo Kio so that I could see where she was and provided her directional guide.

Wow, it would really be very convenient with 3G calls. It was a pity that we only discovered its usefulness recently.

P.S. My colleague and I are sitting only side-by-side.

No comments: