I have not been to Chinatown since the renovation of the Chinatown market. My 'foray' into Chinatown are typically concentrated in a few buildings where the tour agencies are concentrated. Being one of the most famous places of interest in Singapore, it is pity how little a home-grown Singaporean like me know of the place.
One of the latest attractions along Chinatown - Buddha Relic Temple. The facade of the temple in itself is already a feast for the eye. The building consists of 5 storeys with each floor either devoted to prayers or as an exhibition hall sharing the history of Buddhism and showcasing the Buddha Relic. There is even a rooftop garden opening up to the skyline of the Central Business District. As it was the Mid-Autumn festival, many lanterns created by the members of the public hang on the ceiling outside the entrance of the Temple.
The latest Chinatown market is bustling with many stalls just like before. With its sheer size, I can easily lose my way in the maze of stalls.
Outside the market, there is a bazaar selling many souvenirs of Singapore as well as many food stores selling 'international cuisines' which include the Germans' pretzels and sausages, Korean barbecued food and the Chinese pomelo.
I wish I have arrived earlier so that I have more time to leisurely explore my way around Chinatown.
My dinner at Chinatown
2 comments:
wow... u had 2 bowls of rice!! lol...
Ms Chan
Of course not me alone. As it is, I am already fat enough... :-(
Post a Comment