September 10, 2008

Cut the Slack

To disappoint you, I have not cut the slacks on my job. If you think I am referring to my exercise regime, I am certainly a self-declared slacker and I have no intention of changing this in the near future. The slack here refers to my dressing.

I was abashed when my boss asked me why I had looked so casual on a weekday. She thought I was wearing jeans. I was donning a white blouse and a pair of green pants. It seemed like the ‘culprit’ was the pants. In fact, I thought I looked pretty formal until she questioned this. It was never intentional.

Uh-oh, I better watched out on my dressing. The safest bet would always be at least a shirt and a skirt despite such combination being a bore at times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. ur place has such strict ruling on work attire.. haha.. I sometimes do wear jeans to work when I feel like it. My boss will never bother to utter a word as long as I cover up all I need to cover... =p

HP

SJ said...

Sometimes, there was a time when my CFO doesn't approve of people dressing down in jeans but think now it is pretty ok. Typically, my boss is quite alright, but think the green pants resemble jeans at a very quick glance.