I got off at the wrong bus-stop because I remembered the route wrongly. As bus 124 was going in a loop, I recalled it stopping at Capitol Building but I forgot that it was en-route to Telok Blangah and not from Telok Blangah back to Whampoa. Hence, I ended up alighting at SMU and had to walk back to Cityhall.
Sometimes, a little de-tour was also good because I passed by places that I would normally ventured to. I walked through SMU and seemed to be transported back in time to my uni days. I passed by the very-well-preserved Stamford House which currently was hosting a variety of cafes and boutiques. I was also greeted by the used-to-be MPH building just opposite the already demolished old national library when I was waiting at the traffic junction.
In the not too warm evening, I suddenly felt very touristy and stopped by to snap a picture of the ageless MPH. Just as it used to be a great landmark, the old MPH continued to captivate passerbys with its rather colonial façade. I felt guilty. Having travel far to other cities and be wowed by each city’s unique personality, I seemed to be less interested in exploring Singapore.
The Singapore Flyer is the latest icon on the bayfront. Although I have yet to have a chance to ride in the cabin overlooking the bay, I can at least see for myself its full glory as it lights up the night skies.
As a Singaporean, I ought to very ashamed of myself. I should really spend more time exploring Singapore.
No comments:
Post a Comment