Hee hee, I finally lay my hands on the bibimbak.
What is bibimbak? It is a traditional Korean rice dish mixed with colourful vegetables such as carrots and cucumbers, a half-boiled egg and barbequed meat in a stone bowl. When served, it has a tinkling sizzling sound.
I have been intrigued by the dish for a long time, since the opening of the foodcourt at Ang Mo Kio hub. It is one of the most popular stalls. My line of sight inevitably drift to other patrons who order the dish every time I visit the food court. For fear of the spiciness of the dish, I have always resisted this temptation. Until recently, I have been assured by another patron that it was not spicy at all did I have the courage to take it on.
It was scaldingly hot as the heat was maintained by the stone bowl. The crispy rice at the bottom of the bowl added more crunchiness to the dish. it was not spicy initially, but the spiciness grew as I took more mouthfuls. For someone who do not have a high tolerance for spicy food, I would rate the spiciness as still manageable.
Ah, finally, my curiosity for the dish was satisfied. Nothing beats having a wonderful dish to end off a hectic day. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment