I lost count the number of times I have been to Carousel at the Royal Plaza on Scotts. From the initial being extremely wowed by the variety and quality of the food, I remain impressed but slightly bored by the buffet.
This time round, the hotel has added added new and more exotic seafood to their cold-cut section. There was more types of crabs and shell seafood such as the bamboo clams. There are still various sections to cater to the various palates such as sushi, cold-cut seafood, salad, cooked food, local flavours (which consisted Hainanese chicken rice, dim sum, laksa), grilled meat and pasta, bread, Indian, dessert and chocolate fondue sections. The ambience and decor remained contemporary and clean. Being a large group, we were seated at one of the rooms - The Straits Room with high back leather chairs and velvet walls - a truly luxurious experience.
However, the time for the buffet has shortened from the previous ending time of about 3 pm to the current 2pm with last order around 1.30pm. We were disappointed as the eating time of 12 to 2 pm were simply too short for us to thoroughly and leisurely sample the good food. Moreover, as the novelty wore off, the impressiveness of the buffet seemed to ween off. With the higher price of close to $52 per pax, I started to feel that it was not as good value for money as before.
Nevertheless, for those who preferred variety and quality, Carousel remained one of the better choices among the hotels.
No comments:
Post a Comment