I always hold an irrational soft spot for the traditional utensils and crockery. Somehow food cooked using claypots will be more flavourful than that using a slow cooker. Stir-fries from the large round-based Chinese woks will certainly be more tasteful than that of the latest Teflon-lined steel frying pans.
However, it is quite difficult to locate good food using these traditional cooking wares as they are often more fragile and cooks more slowly. Hence, for the more bourgeois businessman, these tools are simply too inefficient. Moreover, in world where our schedule is packed from day to night, few has the patience to wait for half an hour or more for their food to be served.
Therefore, when one can find a good claypot stall, it can warm your heart and of course, your stomach tremendously. Of course, it can get abit boring when we wait for the food to be cooked, but our resolve to wait strengthens as the aroma wafts around. How I hope I can have a bowl of rice now. My mouth waters. When the claypot tofu and the pig's innards are served, I cannot wait to start tucking in.
Sorry, I cannot write anymore as I cannot let the good food wait. *Grin*
No comments:
Post a Comment