June 16, 2009

A New Personal Record

I have broken my record of all times. I saw the clock ticking by and the sleepy bug seemed to abandon me with the ticking hour. It was 2.30 am. Nope, I have not made a typo. It was 2.30 am and I was still at my office lobby trying to hail a cab.

Suddenly, I noticed how quiet Orchard Road seemed with barely a car in sight. I was getting impatient but still fully awake. Tonight, I would again have practically no sleep.

By the time I reached home, it would be around 3 am. By then, sleep seemed to elude me. I was getting frustrated with the speed that I was falling asleep, knowing that in 4 hours' time, I would have to get up and drag myself to office again. Today, in four hours' time, I knew I would practically zombied through the day. My only little wish was that I could end the day slightly earlier and not go through another 2 am night. I knew my adrenalin could only last me at most 3 days and beyond that, I would collapse for at least a week.

I should think no more and concentrate on getting to sleep.

No comments: