June 22, 2009

Getting Fat

I don't know if it was a casual comment or it was from the bottom of his heart. Nonetheless, my ego felt deflated momentarily.

My male boss commented that my busy schedule which led to a continuous lunch menu of bread resulted in me pounding on weight. Urggh! Is it true? Do I really look fat? I never notice any tightening of my skirts or pants around my waist recently. Although I slept better and ate more healthily, I thought all these should just make me look more refreshed rather than bloated. Moreover, with my weekly yoga session and even swimming or jogging, I should be exhausting some of the added calories through exercise. Is this an early sign of declining metabolic rate?

All girls aspired to look thin and beautiful. No matter how much we are praised for our intelligence, genteel or virtuous, what brightens our day most is still how pretty we look. Any adverse comment about our look, our style or our figure will certainly spend our morale spiralling down.

Maybe I should start a thrice weekly jogging routine in addition to my weekly yoga and weekly swim or jog. Beauty comes at the price of sweat.

No comments: