As I was already drowned by the 2 projects of my colleague that I had to cover within the next 2 months, another bombshell dropped again. This colleague who seemed to be having some personal crisis decided to throw in the towel and tendered his resignation. By the time I was officially informed of his resignation, there was only one week left before his last day.
When my boss first told me about my now taking his entire portfolio, it had not hit me the extent of the coverage until when my colleague and I were discussing the upcoming forecast exercise. Then did I realise the load that awaited me for the next 1 month.
Suddenly, I was at a loss. Although I was confident about my competence and I was willing to put in the extra hours to meet the deadlines, I was still apprehensive with the numerous deadlines looming ahead. Suddenly, I felt overwhelmed. Suddenly, I felt like in despair. My mind went into a rejection mode. I wanted to be wilful. I wanted to just tell my boss I simply could not just take on additional load. I wanted to complain.
Fortunately, my boss left office early before I had chance of exploding on her. In the meanwhile, I had time to calm down and reassess the whole situation. I had not act rashly but rather took time to list our my predicaments and concerns to her so that she could help gather help from my peers so that we could work as a team to meet the demands.
Despite taking actions to help resolve our manpower resources, I still went home with a heavy heart for that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment