I have not felt under dressed for a long time, perhaps because my current workplace no longer condoned Capri pants or flat open-toed slippers even on a Friday. Moreover, knowing that I would be meeting friends in the evening, I had even tried to be more colour coordinated to prevent myself being an embarrassment to my friends.
Usually, I would normally bypass all branded boutiques where the number of service crew far exceeded the number of patrons in the shop space. Having seen the latest Kate Spate bag which was a roomy camel colour leather hobo bag that my colleague was recently slinging over her shoulder, I was piqued by curiosity over the collection that Kate Spate had. Furthermore, it was having sale which meant that good quality bags could be obtained at a fraction of its original retail price.
I should have immediately turned on my back when I spotted the many elegant ladies in the shop trying on the bags. Most of them were immaculately dressed and made-up. Although I could not tell the price / brands of their attire and accessories, but the chic style only meant that the clothes were certainly more expensive than mine.
Suddenly, I felt dawdy standing side-by-side with these elegant ladies who had perfectly coiffed hair and neatly manicured nails. My dishevelled hair, my comfortable corduroy pants and ballet flats heightened my scruffiness alongside these ladies? Uh-oh, had I let myself slipped these days with the busy work schedule? I nearly wanted to rush out of the shop in shame. I stopped myself and decided to just finish touring the place and got out of the place as soon as possible. I should start ditching the older clothes no matter how comfortable they were.
No comments:
Post a Comment