May 04, 2009

Blur Struck Back with a Vengence

Can you recall the last time I complain about my blurness? Probably not. In case you harbour any false hopes that I have finally ridded myself of this malady, you can bury this hope now.

Our office has installed the new electronic gantries for at least a year. These electronic gantries barred all visitors from entering the lift lobbies unless you held a staff pass. The gantries worked in a similar way to the MRT gantries. You could just tap your staff pass which was equipped with some smart electronic device at the top of the gate. The sliding doors would open to allow you access. Tapping of the staff pass would be required regardless of whether you were entering or getting out of the lift lobbies.

Since it was launched, I often heard my colleagues joking that they had become confused and had either tapped their staff passes when they were entering the train stations or tapped their Ezlink card when they were entering the office lift lobbies. Much as I shared their jokes, I was heaving a sigh of relief so far I had managed to distinguish both pretty well.

Well, one should never be complacent.

Before I knew it, I was tapping the office lobbies with my Ezlink card and wondering why the door refused to open. I nearly wanted to make a complaint as sometimes electronic devices could go abit haywired. Fortunately, I glanced down at the card again and realized that, horrors against all horrors, I had been tapping with my Ezlink card. No wonder, the doors remained tightly shut. I silently cursed myself for my blurness and hoped that the people around me had not noticed this blunder.

Was it paranoia or was it real that I thought I heard some sniggering? At that moment, I just wished the ground would open up and swallow me in.

2 comments:

MaoMaoMum said...

把两张卡分开不就行了吗?e.g.放在不同的袋袋里~ try try...

SJ said...

Sigh! I already placed them separately, but I still took out the wrong pass. :-(