Ah Peng has sung praises of this bubble tea outlet since she tried it. How can I not try it when I am in Toa Payoh?
Being typical Singaporean, a queue in front of the ordering counter can only mean one thing. It is certainly an affirmation of the quality of the drinks. Singaporeans are well-known for their rather selective nature when it comes to food. How can we not be when we are exposed to cuisines all around the world?
As we were feeling terribly thirsty after dinner, I ordered the plum green tea which sounded exceptionally refreshing on a hot evening. If you thought I had just coolly stood in front of the queue and ordered, you could never be more wrong. I only ordered after a good 5 minutes studying the menu and the customization I could have. The teas came in the form of green, red and milk teas. It could be fruity or nutty. I could also choose the amount of sugar I would like to have. I was pretty sure this would be a great selling point to the more health conscious consumers. I could also decide if I wanted bubble or just tea.
After another 5 minutes wait for them to serve my tea, I wanted to quickly take a sip to see how it tasted. Hmmm… it was slightly sourly and refreshing. However, on the whole, it was just mediocre at best.
Was it due to a wrong order placed? Or my taste buds were simply too refined? Perhaps I had too high an expectation. Somehow, I had not been wowed by the drink. Moreover, at a price of at least $2 a small-sized cup, I would gladly opt for a fruit juice or McDonald’s Jasmine Green Tea.
Why is it so hard to find a decent bubble tea outlet these days?
2 comments:
hey try the one at the TPY interchange.. I realise its better than Koi's. The tea is more fragrant... also U can dictate the sugar level...
HP
Is it more expensive than Koi? Think Koi is more expensive than the normal - Sweet Talk? To be frank, with so many choices, initially I was slightly overwhelmed and at a loss on how to order a drink.
Post a Comment