May 02, 2009

Swimming for 3 Days

I have never been an athletic or sporty person. I am more of the nerd during school days. Needless to say exercise becomes a distant memory after I graduate when there are no more compulsory PE (Physical Education) lessons and no more NAFTA test (National Fitness Test). Exercise is an activity that I engage when I feel exceptionally guilty after bingeing.

As I grow older, I value exercise as a way to keep fit and to slow down aging. Moreover, exercise can keep the cellulites at bay even though I do not think I am successful in doing that. According to the experts, exercise will also bring about a whole load of other benefits, such as reducing the risks of diseases such as heart attack, osteoporosis, stroke, etc. Exercise is also found to reduce stress from the increasingly competitive work place. Hence, anyone who does not welcome exercise to his/her life is simply getting a bullet train ticket to ill health – both mentally and physically.

How did you spend your long weekend? Were you one of the few who had to beat the jams across the Causeway for your short vacation in our neighbouring country? Were you hitting the malls, especially the new one that housed the first Uniqlo in the eastern part of Singapore?

Well, I caught up with my exercise. In that past 3 days, I went swimming daily. It was the first time in my life that I exercised for more than one day consecutively. Given my lack of stamina, it was inevitable that by the second day, my body was already screaming with protests. It was more of a silent revolution. I swam less quickly and could feel breathlessness more easily. When I emerged from the pool, my legs seemed to be laden with weights. They were practically giving way.

Just as you expected, these exercise routine also helped relaxed me so that at the end of the holiday, I truly felt recharged and rested. In fact, I felt more rested than if I were to lay around in my house reading.

1 comment:

Hui said...

so are you still swimming regularly now? must keep it up even if you are not on leave!