I always romanticize the idea of bringing a lunch box to work – it is so Japanese. Moreover, after a while, it is easy to be sick of outside food. Bringing your own lunch means home-cooked food even during lunch, the thought of it will surely make my mouth water.
Finally, my wishes come true.
My mum heats and packs the leftover food from the dinner if the night before, so that I can bring to office. There is a mini thermal flash that helps keep the food warm. However, the food is only lukewarm by lunch. It is not very effective in retaining heat.
Nevertheless, the hone-cooked food and the novelty of eating it during lunch from a lunchbox have already warmed my heart. :-)
2 comments:
ohh i love lunchboxes too! where did you get your lunchbox from? i was so tempted to get one when i was in japan but onion convinced me that i wont be able to get up so early to prepare my lunch box
I bought this at Isetan but I believed this should be available in a lot of places as this is under Tiger. That day, I passed by Tangs and saw some cute ones from Zojirushi and La Gourmet too. This is supposed to be more environmentally friendly and healthy than outside food.
Post a Comment