May 05, 2009

Dim Sum Buffet at Pine Court

Pine Court is a Chinese restaurant at Mandarin Hotel. One of my colleagues decided to give another colleague and me a treat for helping him out during the budget exercise. When we told him we ate everything, he chose a Chinese restaurant as he was not a taker of raw food.

Pine Court was on the 32nd storey of Meritus Mandarin Hotel at Orchard. During weekday lunch, it offered ala carte Dim Sum buffet. As we had not preference, we left the ordering of the best Dim Sums to the waitress. We had the very common siew mais, har gaos (prawn dumplings), fried carrot cakes, pumpkin dumplings, xiao long baos, and many more. The restaurant also served a good selection of desserts which included the Mango and Pomelo puree, yam paste with coconut milk and papaya and white fungus.

It was quite sinful to have so much dim sums for lunch. However, I only found the dim sums average and not fantastic. I wondered if it was because I had too much dim sums recently... ...

No comments: