June 06, 2008

Sun with Moon

I have heard about this Japanese restaurant for some time. The reviews that it gathers are more positive than negative. Hence, I want to give it a try. After all, everyone's tastebud is unique. A man's meat may be another's poison.

There is no set meal offered. For someone who is dying to reward my stomach at the end of a week with a filling meal, I am disappointed. The highlights of the month are on Kyushu delicacies. Hence, I try the Char Siew Ramen while Ah Peng tries the green tea rice with salmon.

(Green Tea soup with salmon rice)

The soup for the noodles is too salty and oily for my preference. I am also not a big fan for pickled ginger even though the ginger helped reduce the greasiness of the noodles. For someone who is quite conscious of what I eat, I am a little put-off by the fattiness of the char siew.

(Char Siew Ramen with Pickled Ginger)


The dessert is more refreshing. The black sesame pudding is a welcoming change to the rather strong taste of the noodles. The pudding is smooth and the black sesame serving is generous.

(Black sesame pudding and green tea tiramisu)


On the whole, the restaurant has not wowed me as much as its reviews. To be frank, I am slightly disappointed.

No comments: