June 08, 2008

Pampered Like a Queen

This is a sequel to the Miss Country Bumpkin’s adventure.

After my first-in-my-lifetime attendance of a pop concert, I went for my first-in-my-lifetime pedicure. All those times you have seen my painted toe nails, they were outcomes of my own D-I-Y. Knowing my sister has unutilized package, I pestered her to bring me to “see the world”.

Miss Country Bumpkin was both excited and nervous about my “maiden” pedicure. Will it be painful? Will it be ticklish? When I D-I-Y at home, I could withhold my strength for the more sensitive areas during scrubbing. Needless to say, I did not know where to put my legs, when to lift up and when to lift down. The pedicurist had to repeat her instructions many times before I knew what to do and my sister had to on-pass the instructions to me. I was slightly tense while my feet were undergoing the various treatments as it was ticklish and slightly biting, especially when the line of dead skins at the start of the nails were removed.


(My ugly feet before treatment)

My feet were first soaked in warm water. I guessed this was to soften my skin and cuticles. Then it was scrubbing of the bottom of my feet. With the amount of dead skin piling on my feet, the scrub was not intensive enough relative to what I would do at home. After the scrub, it was back to some soaking before the cuticles were trimmed. Then the feet were messaged with lotion before nail colour was applied. I could not make up my mind with the wide array of colours in the catalogue. After the nail colour was coated on twice, we had to move to a dryer for our feet to be blown dry.

No more bending sideway and forward to reach the difficult areas during the scrub. No more bending down and holding my breath when applying the nail colour. No more trembling of the hands when the brush was applied to the nails for fear of colouring outside the nail. All I had to do was sit back and relax and be pampered like a queen.

I do not even feel like a queen during a massage as I will need to move my arms or my body up and down during a massage for the masseur to tackle the more knotty areas. During the pedicure, I literally do not have to do anything except to select my nail colour. After the massage, I feel better but it is a very private feeling. After the pedicure, I have the beautiful nails to tell the whole world that I just have my feet professionally treated. I feel happy just looking at the colours.

(My feet after treatment)

No comments: