One of my colleagues commented that I have flat feet because the arch below my feet was not apparent. She asked if I tripped and fell quite frequently in the past. I replied in the affirmative. So my frequent tripping and falling down was not solely due to my clumsiness but partly contributed by my slight 'handicap' of a flat feet.
I used to attribute my many accidents to factors like poor eye-sight (causing me to miss potholes and my steps), lack of motor skills (which meant that any tripping would result in severe injuries because I could not cushion the fall in time) and clumsiness (hence the tripping). Despite trying to always walk on the safe side and avoiding too adventurous sports, I still caused my mum abundant worries with my scars and the loss of blood.
Now, I could finally tell her that my falls were also partly hereditary as flat feet were supposed to pass down genetically. This means that no matter what precautions I take, I still stand a higher risk than normal people in tripping and injuring myself. Knowing my handicap does not mean that I will then throw precaution to the wind. On the contrary, I have to take extra care. I know even if I undergo lasik, practise more yoga or sports, I am still very vulnerable to trips and falls because of my flat feet.
Please also help watch out for me if you are going out with me.
Thanks in advance.
No comments:
Post a Comment