June 05, 2008

Medical Check-Up

I had not done any medical check-up since my pre-employment check-up. Hence, when the company offered free medical check-up at the office, I immediately invited my colleagues to sign up together.

As with all medical check-ups, fasting 10-hour before was essential for a more accurate diagnosis. We went for the check-up early in the morning as we were already very low on sugar. After registration, it was off to the toilet for urine test. Then, it was to the height, weight, waist line and blood pressure measurement. All seemed good and ok. In fact, I was 1 cm taller - my all-time high at 167cm. I wondered if this was a result of 9 months of yoga which stretched my vertebrae and made me stand taller.

The last test was blood test. Blood test always made me nervous because the nurses often had difficulty finding my blood capillaries (maybe my skin too thick. LOL). I knew things were not quite right when I felt more than just a tingle when the needle was injected. The pain lingered when the blood was being drawn and I felt the pressure of the pull. This was the most painful drawing of blood I felt.

I was right. That night, when I removed the plaster, I could see the swell and the starting of the blue-black. Sigh!

No comments: