December 09, 2006

Afternoon Swim

I like swimming in the afternoon. Firstly, it is not as cold with the sun. Secondly, the pool is prettier when you are underwater with the sunlight filtering through.

I just came back from a swim. There were very few people in the pool, possibly because people were in town doing Christmas shopping or away overseas on vacation.

It was a very relaxing swimming. The quiet of being underwater provided similar effect to that of meditation, though I have never successfully meditated before. When I was tired, I stopped and rest at the pool side. As I closed my eyes and rest on the ledge, the warm breeze and the sun temporarily took away the hustle and bustle. It was as if I was on a beach relaxing.

There is one caveat to this though. I ended up looking more tanned because of the afternoon sun. Even an excolleague who has not seen me for about 3 months commented this when she met me a few weeks ago. Sigh!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

den u shd wear bikini liao... more even tan... hahaha...

wc

SJ said...

Erm, u know if u wear bikini, it is difficult to swim? anyway, I think i will look hideous in one. i think i m those kind who look better when i m fairer. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

pls... ter's no such person who'd luk hideous in bikini.... its only a matter of lukin nice in it or not...

wc

Anonymous said...

i think it is not merely a matter of hideous, nice or not nice.. more practically i think juan will be burnt if she wears a bikini

SJ said...

Erm, if WC, Ah Peng and Hui wear bikini, I will wear with you all. We can then go shopping for nice bikinis. =p

Anonymous said...

err... fyi, i do hv bikinis... but i cant swim!!! so does tat mean u'll wear one den?

wc

SJ said...

Yup, then maybe you and Ah Peng can come over to my house and we can go sun bathing then in our bikinis. But, I will need to go and get bikini 1st. I don't know if Ah Peng already have one.