I was invited to a friend's friend's (very distant relationship) home for a pre-Christmas gathering last night. I was abit worried initially as I am not exactly the most outgoing person in the world. You can tell this by my need to go for EQ course to improve my interactive skills. Regardless, a promise is a promise. If there is really no one to talk to, I will just concentrate on the food or TV.
Initially, I thought there would just be about 5 to 6 people. It turned up that there were more people and among them, one of my colleagues. This colleague was the JC classmate of the host of the gathering.
There were 2 new born babies (about 3 months old) joining us in our gathering. They were the centres of our attention for the night, especially the baby girl. The parents were busy catering to her various demands - hunger, change of diaper, sleep, etc. The baby boy was the steady one, playing the perfect host and entertaining all the guests. Not once did he cry the entire night despite seeing so many foreign faces at once. In fact, he was busy smiling and laughing at his 'girl friend' (the baby girl). They were simply adorable. However, I declined when the baby girl's father offered the girl for me to carry. I still have qualms trying to hold them in my arms, as they are so vulnerable and I am so blur. Dropping non-living things on the floor may be embarrassing but not fatal. Dropping living things on the floor will be murder.
I have not been to any home gathering for a long time. The ambience was warm and homely. Although the faces were new, they have made me feel very welcome and at home. It was great meeting them. *Smile*
No comments:
Post a Comment