Although Mr Lau has gotten his car for some time, I have not had the honour of getting any ride until yesterday, despite our living about 2 streets away, according to his mum. Being blur and direction sense hopeless, I do not know how far his house is from my house. In the first place, I cannot recall how to get to his house.
Well, I must conclude that he is quite a safe driver. Despite the hot weather and the long jam, I did not get any car sickness. *Smile*
On the day he was getting his new car, Dear and I were messaged and called him several times. We were excited about it. Since both Dear and I live in places along his way home, we were dying to be among the first to sit in a brand new car. Unfortunately, he was probably too preoccupied with getting used to his new car to reply our messages or return our calls. We went home on our own, disappointed.
I heard about his car from Dear on and off (like the car getting 'kissed' twice), but I have not seen it until last Saturday when I was returning Princess Hours to him after hogging it for about 2 weeks. It was a cobalt blue (my own definition as Dear told me Cobalt is not this colour) car. He was sitting inside the car while I passed him Princess Hours through his windows. It was too hot for any small talk. Anyway, we have known each other for so long that I have never bothered with small talks anymore. Even if there is any attempt of small talk, it will most likely end up as 'suaning' and words sparring. It was mere a 5-minute event, so I did not have a good glimpse of the much-talked about car.
Yesterday, as I was walking to the MRT station, he saw me walking by in his car and asked where I was going. When it turned up to the same destination, Mr Lau offered me a free ride. Finally! A chance to have more time to admire his car!
Although his parents were around, he still maintained his usual 'humorous' self. When he made a wrong turn to the car park, he has even commented this was a lesson to be learnt, ie if I ever need to go to the car park, I must remember that that was a wrong turn and avoid making the same mistake. Sigh! Isn't this an extension of his professional self or a manifestation of his job hazard?
In short, his driving skills are good. I have previously sat in cars which I felt nauseous at the end of the car ride. His parking skills are also good. It did not take too long for him to maneuver into the parking space. *Wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment