I used to have sweaty palms and feet. I have nearly forgotten about their existence as they have ceased to interfere with my daily lifestyle. It used to bother me slightly when I was in school when there was heavy duty writing from all the notes-taking. However, with yoga, the inconvenience of sweaty palms and feet plagued me once again.
Many yoga poses aim to train one’s strength and concentration. This often requires the practioner to stay in a particular pose for at least a couple of minutes to fully stretch muscles that are often neglected. Maintaining balance in some poses is already difficult. Moreover, while enduring the stretches in those muscles, sweating is inevitable. With more well-developed sweat glands than the average person, it makes steadying myself in such positions an uphill task. Sometimes, after gaining balance in a certain pose, I will start to sweat mere seconds later. My arms and legs will become slippery and start pulling me in outward direction. While trying to prevent myself from slipping further, I will start to lose my concentration and fidget and sway.
Greater strength has to be exerted to steady myself in a particular position. Hence, this makes it more tiring. Hence, I need to use 9-ounce of strength for a 3-ounce-strength position. Thus, even for very simple poses, I will be breathing hard as if I have jogged for miles.
I wonder if I will ever outgrow sweaty palms and feet?
No comments:
Post a Comment