December 26, 2007

Child's Play

I must have missed my childhood.

I met my neighbour's boy on my way home. He was playing with bubbles at the playground. Being a generous young boy, he invited me to play with him. Despite several trials, I still did not manage to blow out any bubbles while the young boy could effortlessly blow out several bubbles.

Being his helpful self, he kept thinking that my inability to blow out bubbles was a result of not enough soapy water (whatever that solution was that caused bubbles to be blown). He kept putting the little net into the solution bottle every time I failed and asked me to do it again. After more trials, I finally managed it when I was on the verge of surrendering.

Guess I need to learn more from him to master the art of bubble blowing. Who says this is child's play?

No comments: