When my neighbouring colleague stepped into office, the first words that she exclaimed was "Don't worry, I have already found out." I was perplexed. Found out about what? How to derive the post-elimination budgeted expenses? How to explain for the abnormal trends in the budgets? She carried on. She found out that we got half-day off for both Christmas and New Year's eves.
We have to rewind back to about a week ago.
On Christmas eve, we were getting ready to pack so that we could leave after the Christmas lunch. Our boss walked past us and told us that there was no half-day for Christmas eve. We stopped and thought he was joking. He solemnly and seriously explained that he was not joking. There was no HR email to officially declare the eve as a half-day. He added that people have been going off on half-day unofficially. He commented that as a boss, he would also grant us unofficial half days.
We were dismayed. Huh? No half-days. Although we left after the Christmas lunch, it was with some guilt as it was a 'benefit' that my boss had extended to us unofficially.
During the week I was on leave, she had browsed the intranet and found that both Christmas and New Year's eves were official half-days. They were so standard that no emails had to be sent out.
So, it turned out that I was not the only blur person. My boss who had been with the company for so many years were more blurred than me. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment