I have been sleeping really late, relative to my normal standards for the past few days. If you think that I have transformed into a party animal overnight, you will be horribly disappointed.
Wed – 10.00 pm
Thurs – 10.30 pm
Fri – 11.30 pm
These are the times I left office. I seemed to be breaking my personal record daily.
I was not partying around, but I was certainly consuming a lot of party food – burgers, buffalo wings, pizzas and fries, consecutively for the past few nights. I must confess that this was the first time I have tried the buffalo wings from Pizza Hut and they were simply addictive. *Wink*
Although I am physically exhausted, I am not demoralized by this latest experience. Although the whole team (about 10 of us) had to stay late, we were still trying to keep our spirits buoyant with jokes, digressions and gossips while we rushed through the work. Perhaps these distractions had lengthened our discussion, but they had broken the monotony and drudgery of just work and work.
After a long, hectic and weary day, our ultimate challenge awaited us when we were going home. The irony was it was not related to work but the transport home. Despite calling different taxi companies for about half an hour, we still could not get through to either of it, especially when there were downpours on both Thurs and Fri.
Hence, to avoid wasting time, we had decided on Friday to continue with our work and to leave close to midnight, despite ending our meeting at 10.30pm. We expected that we would not be able to get through any of the hotlines of the taxi companies.
Sigh!
No comments:
Post a Comment