Usually newbies are 'arrowed' to participate in the organising committee of events. It is no exception for my new company. I have been 'volunteered' by my boss to be a representative of my department for our annual Dinner & Dance.
One of the tasks is to select an event organiser (EO) to help with the event. Again, we are faced with budget constraints - a constant challenge for all events. Hence, we have to scrimp and save when it comes to programs, venue, food, etc. In another event which I have participated in my ex-company, we even had to make do without an EO, search for our own talent for emcees, plan our own pre-event mass participation games, and produce our own posters.
This is the first time I have met up with various EOs to hear them introduce their concepts and proposals. It is an eye-opening experience. From their vivid descriptions and photos, it seems like event planning is fun and challenging. All the EOs seem to exhibit alot of passion and creativity for their work. Their passions are influential and lead you into wanting to join in the fun of organising the activity / event itself.
It is also admirable for their love of their job. I hope I can have and sustain similar passion for my job. :-)
2 comments:
want me to send you some contacts frm our d&d?
That will be good. If you have any low cost suggestion. Thanks.
Post a Comment