January 07, 2007

It's Tea Time

Dear asked me out yesterday for tea to have an advance birthday celebration. She has also managed to get a few others to come along, including Ah Koh (Hui's way of addressing her), YR and Mr Lau. I have not chatted with Ah Koh and YR for a long time, though I have seen them briefly and coincidentally on Christmas Day when we were doing our post Christmas shopping.

We were almost having a tea party, except for Mr Lau who had coffee instead. The remaining 4 of us have a pot of tea each - 2 Strawberry Gardens, 1 Morning Dew and 1 Red Berry. It was perfectly idyllic to drink tea and catch up with friends, especially with more tales about MJJJ, customs and practices of a wedding (with Dear's coming up this year), and even how to manage one's work. The highlight of the day was a bet on the gender of a particular name. Everyone guessed it was a boy except me. Of course, I turned up to be the loser and have to finish almost the entire Rum-and-Raisin cake as the penalty.

We got abit bored with our own tea after a while and decided to do a swap. Dear refused to try mine and insisted that Red Berry remind her of a cough syrup (strictly visual). I tried Dear's Morning Dew because I have tried Strawberry Garden before. To avoid Mr Lau being left out of this tea exchange, we have offered our tea but he has declined.

It was a great way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon. It is a pity we cannot see each other more often due to everyone's commitments and hectic schedule. Sigh!

No comments: