October 03, 2008

Big Megamalls

Talking about big megamalls, you may frown and think that there are hardly any big malls in Singapore. Maybe you may think of Vivocity, Ngee Ann City or Marina Square. These malls are not small but perhaps they are constantly thronged with people that they give an illusion of a smaller space.

Strangely, I seemed never been able to completely explore Causeway Point and Vivocity. Yes, you have not heard wrongly. I really meant Causeway Point at Woodlands. It was the third visit yet I have not visited all floors of the place. Is it because it is too big? Likely, because the few times I dropped by, I spent at least 2 hours there. Alright, maybe I should discount the first visit because that occurred before the place was fully renovated and opened its doors to the public. At that time, Metro was the anchor tenant of the mall. On the second visit, I was there for lunch and shoe shopping because my sister spotted a pair of shoes that I desired but could not find the right size and colour in other outlets. On this third visit, other than spending a long time queuing for dinner, I basically visited about 3 shops and it was time for the mall to close.

I think the times I visited Vivocity should have outnumbered that for Causeway Point. This is if I have not counted wrongly. If you merely linger around its main lobbies, then you would have missed out on many interesting eateries and boutiques which are hidden at many corners. These shops and F & B outlets are located either facing the sentosa or the side facing the main road. Till today, I doubt I have fully explored all these places, because normally after I have explored the main lobby, I am either too tired to continue walking or again it is time to head home.

Given the high turnover of some of the shops in these popular areas, by the time you fully explore the mall, the mall may have a change in tenant mix again. So why shop overseas when we have not lack of shopping at our doorstep?

No comments: