I was ‘reputated (or should I say infamous) to be the fiercest among all my peers. Many Product Managers have suffered at my hand – the two most well-known being M and Brother. Brother, being on closer relationship with me, has sometimes asked me why I was so fierce to him on those days when he faced a tirade of scoldings from me for not doing his work.
For those who have the ‘misfortune’ of to work with me, they know that I will never hide my disagreement. However, I believe I am not being unreasonable. Strangely, those who have ‘suffered the worst fate were those with whom we have built up a good working and lasting relationship. 5050 was the one I quarreled most in my ex-job, but he has since become one of my trusted working partners especially in terms of IT projects. In fact, he is also one of my most trusted friends as I know he is always candid in his opinions, not just in terms of ideas for work but also my people relationship skills. Even till today, if I ever have any IT problem, the first person I will consult is still him.
Now, Brother is another person. In fact, we have started on a bad note. After clearing the misunderstanding, we are better aware of each other’s working style and expectations. We can now share information more freely with each other, including the occasional jokes and gossips.
Yes, I proudly admit I am the fiercest among the group of accountant. Perhaps I am trying to defend myself for my fierce attitude. Yet, I can openly confess that I hold no grudge and bear no hard feelings. I am more of a task oriented rather than people oriented person. In my rush to get things done, I may be quick with my words but they are never meant to be personal nor lasting.
I am glad for 5050 to have tolerated me in the past and Brother and M for tolerating me currently.
P.S. Although none of the above mentioned will ever see this, I just feel like thanking them, especially when I suddenly received a ‘thank you’ note from Brother. For a while, I was worried, thinking that maybe he has tendered and thus the expressed gratitude out of the blue. Fortunately, it turned up to be a false alarm.
No comments:
Post a Comment