August 02, 2007

New Workstation

After 2 weeks of enduring glue and paint smell, the work was finally completed. It was time to move to our new seats and new workstations.

At the new workstation, we will no longer have tall and single partitions. It is more open concept. The disadvantage is that we will no longer have as much privacy. Moreover, discussions at our workstations will no longer be viable because there will no longer be visitor chairs.

The advantage is that it will be new furniture. No more collapsing cabinets. No more drawers where the keys cannot be found. In addition, a more open concept will also mean easier interaction with my peers and colleagues. In the past, we are isolated in our cubicle during working hours. Now, we can just stand up and talk to each other.

The biggest headache was the move.

I decided to move all my things to the new place and just haphazardly placed them on my table for the time being. The new worktable is large enough to accommodate all my ‘barangs barangs’. After all the things were moved, then I would slowly pack them into the drawers.

When my boss walked past my table, he jokingly commented that I was messier than him. Well, not for long. I was a fast packer. Within 30 minutes, the things were neatly placed in my drawers. I stressed it was indeed neatly placed. I did not just chuck them into the drawers and just closed the drawers shut.

Then, it was my time to tease him back. Good-naturedly, of course. After all, it was end of the day, we could definitely wind down with some jokes and laughter. *Smile*

No comments: