August 29, 2007

Truth and Lie

Lie

It sounded so real – an astrological phenomenon in ‘x’ number of years, ie those that you would only see once in your life time.

We would see 2 moons because one of the planets would be so near earth that the reflection of light from the sun would create the illusion of double moons. The speed with which this was forwarded via email was fastest that you could say ‘hippopotamus’.

It turned up to be a hoax. Apparently, it has always been forwarded in August since a couple of years ago.

Truth

Red moon eclipse was real. The day after the two moons was to appear, there was really a red moon eclipse. Unfortunately, it was difficult to see in Singapore.

Shortly after I forwarded the lie, I received email from Brother with 3 URLs stating that it was not real. Oops, I was also one of the culprits, or should I say victim, who has aided in this widespread lie.

The day after the two moons was to appear, some of my colleagues who have received the forwarded email asked if I have seen the moons.

Regardless, I have ended work around nine or later, so I could not attest to either the truth or the lie with my naked eye.

No comments: