Due to ill health recently, I have missed a couple of my weekly yoga sessions. As many of my classmates were fast learner, this yoga class had progressed faster than other yoga classes with more and more difficult positions. These positions were not only a test of stamina, flexibility and also concentration. Mind over matter was certainly not scientific fluff. On a day where there was alot of troubles of the mind, I was likely to give up maintaining a position over prolonged period of time. Moreover, some of the positions that required balancing over an extended period of time was simple with no test of stamina nor flexibility. Yet, to achieve the positions could require a huge amount of concentration.
After a very tortuous session, my muscles ached all over. I experienced difficulty in climbing down stairs. My legs were wobbly. When I breathed abit harder, my chest and stomach seemed to be in stitches. The good thing about yoga was that it allowed stretches of muscles that you did not know exist in the first place.
Hopefully, I would recover from these bouts of pain soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment