I had never enjoyed such an entertainment and easy read for a long time. You might have observed from the last few book reviews, many of them were on works of Paulo Coelho or non-fiction such as memoirs. Hence, I had forgotten the thrill of reading a fast-paced, humorous novel.
For those of you who had caught the movie – Twilight would be more familiar about the story than I did. I never watched the movie nor the book until recently. I only knew that it was supposed to be a love story between a human and a vampire. Being classified as a young people’s fiction, I never knew it could be so gripping.
The character building had been vivid as well. Edward, the vampire, was brooding and deep. His swinging moods hid his personal conflict on his friendship with Bella. Bella, the girl who was curious about Edward, was a typical new girl about town. The plot was something that was not day-to-day mundane trivialities. The mystery leading to Edward’s underlying identity and their battle against the tracker were all more fantasy-like and less anticipatory. Hence, you never knew what would happen until you turned the next page.
On the whole, I enjoyed the book so much that I could not stop once I started.
No comments:
Post a Comment