October 02, 2009

Secrets

Yes, I am out-dated. I have not qualms confessing that I am certainly most out of touch with movies among my contemporaries. Secrets was the first movie directed by one of the most talented musicians in the Chinese pop scene - Jay Chou. It was his first foray into another area of the performing arts. When the movie was first launched, there was also rave reviews which proved that Jay Chou was not just a talented musician but rather a talented artiste.

With the proliferation of online sites which allowed one to catch up on movies that one has missed when the movies first shown, it was certainly a convenience for people like me, albeit low resolution. No longer would I regret not being able to catch a movie and constantly wondering how the movie is, I can now catch it even if I cannot make it while the movie is screening.

Secrets, on the surface, was a romance story about two young musics student - Ye Xiang Yun and Lu Xiao Yu. Xiao Yu was an enigmatic girl from 1973 who could actually travel in time by playing the song - Secrets, in an old practice room. She travelled to the future in 1999 where she encountered Xiang Yun - a nerdy but extremely talented student. They fell in love with each other, but Xiao Yu knew that it would be hard for them to be together since they were separated by 20 years.

When Xiao Yu travelled back in time, only Xiang Yun could see her. Yet Xiang Yun was not aware of this. Although he found Xiao Yu secretive, he never guessed that he was the only one who could see Xiao Yu until the day of his graduation. That was when truth revealed itself. The day of his graduation was also the day that Xiao Yu passed away from asthma twenty years ago. Can Xiang Yun travelled back in time before the old practice room was demolished to save Xiao Yu?
(http://www.mysoju.com/)

Well, that would be a secret to those who had not watched the movie. Sshh... ...

No comments: