October 17, 2009

Mishap Hits Home!


Just when I was basking in my start-of-holiday breeze and ready to let my muscles do some 'rock-and-roll', all I could say was things happened quicker than you could plan. WHAM! There went my adept mobility for at least 5 days.

Suddenly, my daily jogging had to be shelf. My tree top walk could only be in my imagination. My swimming in the pool to cool the heat could only be conducted during my shower. I slammed the door right into my second toe on my left foot as I was opening my door to get out of the house for a jog.

Being blurred (you should be used to it by now) and having more-than-retarded slow reflexes, needless to imagine, the impact was far greater than if it were on other persons. Even my reaction was slower than others. It took me more than a minute to realise what happened and stopped the ramping of the door against my poor toe. It took another minute for the pain to hit home. I stooped and cringed but the hurt slowly intensified. When I wanted to hold my toe to check for any broken bones, blood had already started oozing out all around my dislodged nail.

I hobbled to my room to quickly retrieve a plaster over the poor toe. I hated messy scenes especially one involving blood. By wrapping it away, at least the removal of blood from my line of sight allowed me to think more calmly. A cool mind allowed me to reorganise myself, check for any sprains or broken bones. Fortunately, other than the dislodged nail and scraped skin, it seemed that there were no bones broken and no muscles sprained. I could still bend my toe, albeit more stiffly.

What a wrong foot start to a supposedly idyllic 2-week break. Arrggh! Of all times... ...

No comments: