April 08, 2008

Sweet Indulgence


I used to be a big fan of durian. Yet, for health reasons, I have purposely steered away from durians. Durians are top on my list of heaty food. All my closer friends can attest to the fact that I don't take to heaty food very well. Many common maladies, such as flu,cold, sore throat, fever, will welcome me open arms when I consume to much heaty food. Hence, durians are certainly a big no-no for me.

Yet, the long queue in front of the Four Seasons counter at Ang Mo Kio Hub always fascinated me. Is it really that good such that the queues never disappear even after a year since its opening when any associated novelty should have worn off? Moreover, the queues are present regardless of whether it is a week day or weekend.

Well, I finally lay my hands on the durian puffs (even though its durian pancakes seem more popular). It is almost like eating durian with the pastry almost melting together with the durian. I don't remember its more expensive and more famous competitor being as good. The smell and the taste of durian practically explodes in my mouth. The strong aroma lingers even after the puff is swallowed. This is almost tantamouth to eating the fruit itself.

Such indulgence truly makes my day. Yet, I hope I don't have to pay a high price of it through my health...

No comments: