April 22, 2008

Return of the Flu With Vengence

I was on MC last week. I had to take half day leave yesterday and MC today to rest. The flu has come back, albeit with a vengence this time round. Not only do I feel more exhausted and weak. The nose kept running without giving me a rest. I lost any appetite for food. My throat felt dry. My nose blocked during the night and prevented me for having a good sleep. The lack of a good night's sleep aggravated the illness.

Was this a sign of my body protesting as I did not give it a good rest the first time I was down with flu? Or was this a sign of my aging body that even the slightest virus could easily conquered my immunity and ravaged my body? Or was this an early sign of a more serious ailment brewing? Morbid thoughts started to run through my head on my apparent vulnerability to this common infection.

Even my usual doctor did not seem to be able to save me from the discomfort of the illness. TCM failed to perform miracles. Thus, I sought the help of another doctor whom my sister held high praises for in her last consultation.

The disgnosis was that I was down with an allergy that caused my nose to run incessantly. He presribed me tablets to be taken both in the morning and at night. Hopefully, with adequate rest and the medicine, I will be able to recover soon. Feeling lethargic and confining to the home are making my mind restless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So poor thing...hope you feeling better already. Rest well and drink more water!
-Dear :)

SJ said...

Thanks. I felt much better already. I could be hit by the new influenza viruses which are hitting Singapore shores lately.