April 26, 2008

Blocked Ears

I have sometimes taken many things for granted including some of my senses. The recent flu has caused my ears to be blocked for about a week so that for that entire week, there seemed to be a filter between my ear drums and sound. I cannot hear myself very well either which accounts for the louder than the usual loudness of my voice, until one of my colleagues has to ask me to keep my voice down.

Missing my normal hearing has also caused some insecurity because hearing is also one form of tell-tale sign of potential danger. When you cannot hear very well, you miss out alot of good things as well, such as the rustling of the leaves against the wind, the melodious melody when your neighbour's child is practising on his piano...

I hope my blocked ears will go away soon.

No comments: