I had heard from Ah Peng previously that the cakes at Secret Recipe were delicious. Expectations were raised even before I tasted them. This started my agony over what I should have for my main course so as to leave stomach space for dessert later. In the end, I chose a soup and salad.We decided to choose 2 cakes to share under my strong insistence of watching out for calories (definitely tipping in a northward direction). We went for rasperry cheesecake and chocolate and banana cake. To add on, we went for the frosty fruit drinks.
I simply fell in love with the raspberry cheesecake. The miky cheese with the sweet and sour raspberry were certainly a divine combination. It was one of the best cheesecake I had ever tasted. Most of the cheesecakes I have tried previously was either too heavy, too hard or too dry. This was moist and the blend of salty cheese, with sour raspberry and sweet chocolate crumps base was appetite whetting.The chocolate-banana cake combined two of the ingredients which were supposed to make us happy. The sweetness would please anyone with a sweet tooth. However, personally I would still prefer the raspberry cheesecake with the soury tinge.
It is indeed a wonderful and satisfying meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment