April 12, 2008

Downpour. Drenched.

I waited.

I hoped the rain would subside a little.

10 minutes have gone by. 15 minutes. 20 minutes.

After 25 minutes, the skies remained overcast and there was not sign that the rain would be easing. It was already 7.55 am. I could not wait any longer.

Braving the rain with my big umbrella, I began my longer-than-usual walk to the train station with the slight floods and puddles of water.

One-fifth of my journey later, I needed to take shelter at the nearby bus-stop while I folded up my long pants to prevent the water seeping higher up my legs with the pants as the perfect conduit. Image? Who cares?

This folding of pants continued until I reached my cubicle. Despite my furious efforts to dry my pants by dapping with dry cloth, the situation is not alleviated. I quickly pour myself a hot cup of water to prevent falling sick. I dried myself (naturally in aircon?) after one hour.

When I thought all was well, I woke up this morning with a running nose which quickly took a turn for the worse.

No comments: