October 21, 2007

Baking Cookies

I longed to try some baking for a long time. Of course, I was never a culinary expert. I took a shortcut by buying the pre-mixed materials from the supermarket. All I needed to do was to add in the butter and egg to complete the entire mixture.

(Dough after mixing the flour, the egg and butter and ready for mixing into smaller droplets)


First, I mixed the flour, chips, walnut, sugar, egg and butter to form a dough. Then I had to take little droplets of the dough and lay them on the baking tray lined with cookie sheet.

(Before baking)


Ok, time to send the cookies dough into the oven for their 'sauna'. According to the instruction, I had to bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 190 deg celsius oven. My sister helped me monitor the cookies in the oven while I continued to mould my little cookies. After 7 minutes, my sister told me the cookies looked cooked. I told her to wait a little while more as the instructions was to bake for at least 8 minutes. I was worried that the outside might look cooked while the inside was still raw.


When she took them out after 8 minutes, the cookies were already burnt black. Oh no! how inaccurate the instructions were. What a waste to the first batch of effort. Fortunately, we had not put everything into the oven the first time round.


(The first trial which are badly burnt)

The second time round, we took a more cautious monitoring of the cookies and we took them out after 7 minutes. Hmm, the cookies looked better. How cute they looked.

(The subsequent trials which are successful. Phew!)


It was also very fun making them. I would be more adventurous in future and tried on cakes and other pastries. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so wen can we try those masterpiece of urs??

wc

SJ said...

so honoured that you want to try....

Anonymous said...

bring some out for our next outing ? :) hmmm..... we can have a picnic at botanic garden.? ......

HP

Anonymous said...

err.. biscuits for picnic?? hahaha...

wc

SJ said...

Think we need to bring more substantial food for picnic. Good idea to have a picnic. Haven't had one for ages.