We have to submit our passport details, including our preferred roommate for the upcoming Malacca trip. So far, I have not made very close friends among my colleagues, ie someone who is intimate enough to share room with for 3 days. I guess the closest friend among them is CY, one of my line managers.
CY and I have discussed this roommate issue even before we need to submit the details.
First time we were discussing:
CY: Are you going Malacca?
Me: Can don’t go? Thought it’s compulsory?
CY: Don’t feel like going. Have you found your roommate?
Me: You mean we have to find our own roommate? Not assigned? You?
CY: No. We have to find our own roommate. No, I haven’t found mine too.
Second time we discussed this.
Me: Have you found your roommate? Want to pair with me?
CY: U sure you want to pair with me? What if I quit before that?
Me: U are quitting? But you are only here for 8 months?
CY: I say what if?
When we finalized that we will be each other’s room mate.
Me: I pair with you? I am telling my admin staff. You must update your admin staff also.
CY: Do you sleep walk?
Me: No. But maybe I sleep talk? Ha ha.
CY: Really ah?
Me: Don’t worry lah, joking. So far my sister never complains anything.
CY: Your family very big, so that you must share room with your sister?
Me: No. I meant she never complain when I shared room with her overseas. Do you sleep walk or talk?
CY: You cham already. My friends all complained that I grind my teeth when I sleep.
Me: Anyway, I submit you as the preferred room mate to my admin staff already.
CY: Ok, I will tell my admin staff.
So this seals the fates of the 2 of us as room mates in the upcoming Malacca trip. Let’s hope we don’t turn into enemies of each other after this trip. Although I have shared room with strangers during hostel days, it is more nerve-wrecking this time as my room mates are my colleagues. It is difficult to gel ‘professional’ image with ‘personal’ image. Anyway, I don’t think I have a lot of professional image remaining with CY, especially all my auntie-ish talks to her... ...
No comments:
Post a Comment