March 18, 2007

Central @ Clarke Quay

I have taken buses and passed by this newly opened mall for several times. Finally, I have the chance to stop by the mall for a look.

It is still not in full operation as many corners are still closed for renovation. It is quite a spacious place with many shops, including eateries, especially Japanese cuisines. The two ends of the mall are lined with glass panels which offer superb view of Clarke Quay. Many of the shops / boutiques are well-known brands such as Giordano, Charles & Keith and Harvey Norman.

The Giordano outlet is one of its biggest with the men’s, ladies and kid’s wear all under the same roof. There are two leather sofas just outside the fitting room, near the windows which overlook Clarke Quay. This allows shopping companions to comfortably wait for the shoppers. There is quite a cute backless polo tee from Giordano Junior. I was surprised to find that the price was steeper than that of the adult’s. I was even more surprised that I could fit into the largest size when I was never considered petite. It would be fun for both the mother and daughter to dress up in the same top (If I could fit in, many mothers would have been able to do so as well).

We have also met 2 huge controlled robots in the mall. They were dancing, shaking hands, playing catch with each other. They also generously obliged when people asked to take photos with them. It was fun watching them.

The recently upgraded Clarke Quay has also much to offer with many interesting F & B outlets. Many of the restaurants even have live bands performing for their patrons. I was especially captivated by an expatriate singer who was performing a ballad with his guitar. The ambience of the IndoChine restaurant – Forbidden City was strangely oriental and enigmatic. There was also a great variety of cuisines offered, from North Indian, Italian, Japanese to even local – Satay King.

Standing on the side of Clarke Quay, the Central looks exceptionally magnificent. The bridge joining Riverside Point and Clarke Quay also offers a great spot for taking photos against the Clarke Quay. Clarke Quay has transformed into a truly enchanting place after its upgrade.

No comments: