I thought I was having a giddy spell when I felt some shaking.
Then, I felt tremor while sitting down. My cubicle wall started shaking visibly with my white board knocking against the wall. I knew for certain it was not a giddy spell. The building was certainly shaking. This shaking persisted for a few minutes
Was I the only one who felt it?
I stepped out of the cubicle and asked my colleagues. They too felt it. A lot of us were gathering around and checking on what has happened. We were wondering if there was an earthquake somewhere or our building was on the brink of collapse.
About 10 minutes later, some of my colleagues received news from their friends and the radio. Apparently there was an earthquake in Sumatra and many parts of Singapore, including Jurong, Shenton Way and Kallang have felt the tremors. Some have even been asked to evacuate the building.
About 15 minutes later, some of my colleagues still felt slightly uncomfortable, either slightly giddy or nauseous despite the cessation of the tremors.
2 comments:
wah, so fast got update abt the quake liao!!
wc
Yup, it was quite a traumatic experience for those who have hardly experienced earthquake. Although this was not the first time I have felt it, it still felt worrying.
Post a Comment