We were all in our dreamlands.
Suddenly, there seemed to be commotion outside the windows. My curtains flapped loudly. It was almost thrown outside the windows. The winds continued to howl outside. Fearing that a thunderstorm was imminent, I quickly tried to close the windows to prevent the lashing rain from wetting the curtains.
I had underestimated the strength of the wind.
I was trying to pull the window panes in to close them. I was fighting a losing battle against the strong wind. What I had only managed was to hold the window panes from moving even further out while calling out for help to my sister. It took the two of us to jointly to hole one window pane in. After a good 5 minutes did I manage to close and the lock the windows.
Wow, it was like a typhoon sweeping past. Never have I encountered such strong winds before.
P.S. We only knew from the papers the next day that the strong winds were caused by the Sumatra Squall.
No comments:
Post a Comment