April 12, 2009

One Litre of Tears

This Japanese movie was apparently based on some true story. I was exploring the site that Ah Peng introduced to mewhen I chanced upon this movie which I have since long heard of. This site contained many video clips of Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese movies and dramas

It was about a girl who was struck by cerebral palsy but who braved through life with her optimistism. Not only did she continue with her learning and writing despite her physical challenges, she had remained cheerful and brought smile to her friends, the medical team who was helping her and her family. It would certainly brought tears to the soft-hearted when we followed Aya - the girl through her short 25 years on earth.

I felt guilty at some of my rather trivial complaints about life and my nonchalance about the way I spent my time sometimes. Looking at my blase attitude towards time - the greatest gift I could always have and comparing against Aya's despondency over what little time she had, I felt I was doing injustice to myself, to this gift and to the people who was deprived of this gift.

I should do better and I will do better. Let's cheer each other on and have a good race during this limited time we have.

No comments: