April 02, 2009

Maladjusted - Blogging

Phin Wong's latest article was on interaction between humans and machines. Oops, should I say gadgets. As you can see, I am also not a very techie person. I am still in the dumb phone era. While people have moved on to Twitter, I am still on blogging.

Much as I am a retard when it comes to acquiring new gadgets, I am also guilty of a few sins that he has illustrated. One of which is to blog on the trivialities of life - like what I eat for lunch, dinner, etc. Well, to confess, I am not talented to be able to philosophically comment on life or meanings of life so frequently. The odd occasion when I have something intelligent to say and which is not related to my daily life-style is more like a rare inspiration. Coupled with my rather dull life, food emerged as the most exciting part of my life.

When I am writing such trivial stuff, I have often whether I am driving my readers to sleep. Yet, I still trudge ahead rather shamelessly because I am sure there are some of you out there who, like me, treasure the little pleasures in life. Life doesn't always have to be co complicated and full of deep thoughts. Simple and mindless entertainment can be liberating amidst the drudgery and stress of mundane life.

So, I will continue to write about what I eat for lunch, who I have met and some of the fleeting thoughts that distract me as I go about with my daily tasks.

2 comments:

Hui said...

Just write whatever you feel like writing - more sincerity. your readers can feel it.

SJ said...

Thanks Hui for your encouragement, I will persevere.